Junior Golf at Piney Point
Golf Club is Much More than Child's Play
2016 Junior Golf Program Information:
PGA Junior League Golf Information:
Piney Point hosted two PGA Junior League teams last year that turned out to be an incredible experience for all of the kids, parents, and coaches. Piney Point will host a team or teams once again for the 2016 season with information coming soon. Below is some general information on how the PGA Junior League is structured.
The PGA Junior League is designed to bring a "Little League" atmosphere to the game of golf. With teams of boys and girls, age 13 and under, PGA JLG provides a structured league environment for young golfers to compete and have fun! This is a great way to get, and keep, kids involved in the game!
PGA JLG Participants Receive
- Team jerseys, golf balls and PGA JLG bag tags
- 5-6 regular season competitions plus coaching and/or practice sessions-held on Monday's- see dates below
- Opportunity for advancement to post-season and All-Star teams
- Access to customized website home page for our PGA JLG team featuring schedules, standings, and stats
- Fun team scramble for players of every skill- 9 hole matches.
- All participants get to play in every competition.
- Each team consists of 10-12 players ages 13 & under.
- Each match consists of 4 nine hole two player scramble.
- A point is awarded every 3 holes in each match.
- Substitutions are made every 3 holes.
- Matches are held in the late afternoon to accommodate junior golfers and parents schedules
- Parents drive their child to the matches.
- Some parents are asked to help as assistant coaches and serve in a voluntary manner with other needs.
*If your youngster can drive, chip or putt there's a spot for them on our PGA JLG team!
TBA- Note: All of the matches were held during the summer months in 2015. Most matches were either on a Saturday or Sunday evening starting after 4 pm.
How to Register
TBA- An open house date will be set for the spring to give all parents/kids dates and information about the PGA Jr. League & the junior program at Piney Point.
Piney Point Golf Club
Golf Clinic & Practice Session Schedule
TBA-along with the staff, program, dates, and more.
Open House: TBA
Piney Point will offer an open house for all parents and their junior golfers to attend at a date to be announced. The open house will serve as an opportunity for the staff to introduce the junior program for 2016 to the parents and junior golfers. Information will include the series format, payment policy, cancelation policy and additional opportunities such as the PGA JLG for both junior golfers and parents. The open house is complimentary which includes pizza, drinks, and cookies.
To register, click here (After the schedule is set for 2016)
Cancelation before the start of any session are refundable. Cancelation after the start of any session are non - refundable.
Make Up Policy:
Only if a clinic and/or practice session was canceled by the staff will that session be made up. Make up days will not be scheduled for participants who missed a clinic and/or practice session.
Emails and/or texts will be sent out informing parents of any cancelation of a clinic and/or practice session. In some cases the staff may not make a decision until later in the day. Please call the golf shop for information concerning any cancelation if you have not been contacted.