Junior Golf at Piney Point
Golf Club is Much More than Child's Play
2015 Junior Golf Program Information:
PGA Junior League Golf Information:
Piney Point is in the process of forming a team to participate in the PGA Junior League. The PGA Junior League is designed to bring a "Little League" atmosphere to the game of golf. With teams of boys and girls, age 13 and under, PGA JLG provides a structured league environment for young golfers to compete and have fun! This is a great way to get, and keep, kids involved in the game!
PGA JLG Participants Receive
- Team jerseys, golf balls and PGA JLG bag tags
- 5-6 regular season competitions plus coaching and/or practice sessions-held on Monday's- see dates below
- Opportunity for advancement to post-season and All-Star teams
- Access to customized website home page for our PGA JLG team featuring schedules, standings, and stats
- Fun team scramble for players of every skill- 9 hole matches.
- All participants get to play in every competition.
- Each team consists of 10-12 players ages 13 & under.
- Each match consists of 4 nine hole two player scramble.
- A point is awarded every 3 holes in each match.
- Substitutions are made every 3 holes.
- Matches are held in the late afternoon to accommodate junior golfers and parents schedules
- Parents drive their child to the matches.
- Some parents are asked to help as assistant coaches and serve in a voluntary manner with other needs.
*If your youngster can drive, chip or putt there's a spot for them on our PGA JLG team!
March 23rd Deadline
Mid May-Early June- July Regular Season
August: Postseason Qualifiers & Section Championships
September: Regional Championship
October: PGA JLG Championship
How to Register
You can register your junior golfer to play at Piney Point Golf Club. The registration fee is $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non-members which includes: Uniforms, instruction and/or practice sessions on Monday's shown below, green fees, bag tags, and golf balls.
Piney Point Golf Club
Golf Clinic & Practice Session Schedule
Staff: Brittany Beltran
Open House: (Monday, March 9th)
( 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
Piney Point will offer an open house for all parents and their junior golfers to attend on Monday, March 9th. The open house will serve as an opportunity for the staff to introduce the junior program for 2015 to the parents and junior golfers. Information will include the series format, payment policy, cancelation policy and additional opportunities such as the PGA JLG for both junior golfers and parents. The open house is complimentary which includes pizza, drinks, and cookies. If weather permits the driving range and putting green will be set-up for the junior golfers after the open house.
Clinic Dates: (Series of 3) Only for those not on the PGA JLG team. For those on the team the fee paid to participate on team includes all of these dates or practice sessions.
All clinics will be on Monday's from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
Series #1: March 16th
Series #2 April 13th
Series #3 May 4th
Series #4 June 1st
Series #5 July 13th
Series #6 August 3rd
Clinics Fees: (Series of 3 lessons)
- $30.00 - Piney Point Members
- $50.00 - Non Members
- These fees only apply for those that are not on the JGA JLG team.
To register, click here
Cancelation before the start of any session are refundable. Cancelation after the start of any session are non - refundable.
Make Up Policy:
Only if a clinic and/or practice session was canceled by the staff will that session be made up. Make up days will not be scheduled for participants who missed a clinic and/or practice session.
Emails and/or texts will be sent out informing parents of any cancelation of a clinic and/or practice session. In some cases the staff may not make a decision until later in the day. Please call the golf shop for information concerning any cancelation if you have not been contacted.