PGA Junior League Golf
Piney Point will be participating in the PGA Jr. League for the sixth straight year. Piney Point is currently seeking interested juniors ages 13 & under to play in the league this summer. Piney Point participated in a league with the McCanless Golf Club & The CC of Salisbury in 2018. The fee to participate is 0.00 which includes instruction with the practices, matches, jerseys, golf balls, a scrimmage, and a year-end cookout.
Instruction this year will also include use of the US Kids Golf Player Pathway. To make it fun for players to learn while staying motivated to improve, the Player Pathway provides the perfect program for kids, parents, and coaches. With an easy to follow curriculum combined with awards, players can progress from beginner to elite player! The Player Pathway will include improvements through each level (there are 10 total levels) in 5 key categories: Putting, Around the Green, Full Swing, Knowledge (Rules & Etiquette), and Scoring. This player pathway gives players, parents, and coaches the ability to monitor current progress as well as have an idea of what to expect next in their golf journey. For more US Kids Golf Player Pathway information go to https://foundation.uskidsgolf.com/play-and-learn/learn.
The PGA Junior League is designed to bring a "Little League" atmosphere to the game of golf. With teams of boys and girls, age 13 and under, PGA JLG provides a structured league environment for young golfers to compete and have fun! This is a great way to get, and keep, kids involved in the game! Experience is not necessary to participate in the league! Call Dave VanDeventer or Charlie Maness at 704-474-3985 for more information or follow the link to PGA Junior League Golf on the web to learn more. https://www.pgajrleague.com/
Team Captain: Charlie Maness | Team Coach: Dave VanDeventer
PGA JLG participants receive:
- Team jerseys, golf balls and PGA JLG bag tags.
- 6-8 regular season competitions plus coaching and/or practice sessions-held on Monday afternoons.
- Opportunity for advancement to post-season and All-Star teams.
- Achievement Pins & Player Pathway Booklets
The program structure is as follows:
- Fun team scramble for players of every skill - 9-hole matches.
- All participants get to play in every competition.
- Each team consists of 8-14 players ages 13 & under.
- Each match consists of 4 nine hole two player scramble.
- A point is awarded every 3 holes in each match.
- Substitutions are made every 3 holes.
- Matches are held in the late afternoon to accommodate junior golfers and parents schedules
- Parents drive their child to the matches.
Emails and/or phone calls will inform parents of any cancellation of a clinic, practice, scrimmage, or match. In some cases the staff may not make a decision until later in the day. Please call the golf shop for information concerning any cancelation if you have not been contacted.
If you prefer a text message please notify the staff.
Junior Golf Memberships at Piney Point: Extremely Affordable!
- $156.00 for a one year membership
- Juniors can play unlimited golf
- Includes the swimming pool
- Eligibility - ages 10 to 23 (must be a full time student)
Benefits of being a Piney Point Member or Junior Member
- Preferred pricing for PGA JLG team, clinics, merchandise, and more!
- Memberships offered are extremely affordable!!
- Members have the opportunity to purchase a range plan with unlimited range balls.
- Opportunity to volunteer in tournaments and events
- Participate in fund raisers
- Play golf with Staff
- Eligible to apply for the annual Granny Hill Scholarship - ,000
- Resident members include the entire family (dependents)
- Resident members fee includes cart fees for the entire family!!
- Opportunity to rent a locker, store clubs, and/or a push cart.
Junior Golf Request
High School Golf
Piney Point has been supporting Junior Golf and the local High Schools for many years.
Golf team members from all area schools are given playing privileges during the season. Each player is asked to get permission from their coach before calling to schedule a tee time if the coach is not going to accommodate them that day.
Piney Point is the home course for the South Stanly Rebel Bulls and the West Stanly Colts (in 2018). The Colt golfers have a well-balanced and talented team going into the 2018 season.
South Stanly High School Record - 1985 - The team of Steven Bunn, Bryan Pope, Eric Farmer and Jeff Bowers posted a team score of 285 against county rival Albemarle. Steven Bunn and Bryan Pope carded 62, 68 respectively that day! Hole #13 played as a par 3 that day due to a temporary green, as the par was 71.
Prior to that, the team record of 288 was resprented with players, such as Chuck Isenhour, David Hartley, Tim Robertson Jr., Robbie Sheffield, Ray Squires, Dale Honeycutt and Kirk Honeycutt.
Hisch School Golf Request
Adult Golf Clinics
The adult golf clinics were introduced in 2014 to offer more flexibility for students. Students could register for a class/clinic individually to accommodate both their needs and schedule.
The class is designed for all skill levels whether you are a beginner to the game, starting to play again after years of a layoff, scores.
Clinic Dates: TBA *Call your friends and set-up some clinic dates with either Dave or Pheng. The minimum number of students needed is 3 & maximum is 5. Rates vary according to the number of students and the length on each clinic.
Dave VanDeventer - Dave has been the PGA Professional at Piney Point Golf Club since 1984. Dave enjoys working with students improving their pre-swing fundamentals such as grip, stance, posture, alignment, and more.
Pheng Ly - Pheng has extensive playing experience including the Senior Asian Tour. He also enjoys teaching as he is able to help students with his watchful eye and teaching techniques. Pheng received his education through the San Diego Golf Academy as well as through his playing background.
For more information, visit www.playgolfamerica.com or call Piney Point Golf Shop Call Piney Point Golf Club for info on adult clinics at(704) 474-3985.